We have had the opportunity to lead and teach on the topic of worship for many years. We do not claim to be experts on the subject. However, we have had the privilege of learning from many wise pastors and teachers over the years. God has used them to show us truths from His Word about the wonder and glory of God and worshiping Him. We have tried to incorporate those into a framework for leading our worship team and leading our congregation in worship. Our goal is that all resources offered here would be true to Scripture and helpful in leading and building up the church. There are many resources offered by other ministries that are very helpful on this topic. We have included links to some of those resources as well.
Scripture on Worship
Scripture is full of calls, commands, and invitations to worship God. The more we read the Word, the more we will come to realize that worship is less about what we do and more about who we are. It is about who we are in Christ and that we have been called out by God, redeemed through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and set apart for the glory of God and praise of His name. We can serve, engage in endless rituals, perform endless good works, and still not truly know or worship God.
As the apostle Paul says in Romans 12, worship is an act of our entire lives. It is who we are every moment of the day. It is offering ourselves to God as a living sacrifice, to use us for His glory and purposes. We are called not to be conformed to the ways of this world, but to be transformed into the image of His Son. Worship is so much more than singing a song or attending a weekly service. It is about treasuring and pursuing Christ above all things. May we all long to be true worshipers and not just go through the motions.
Foundational Principles for Worship – Resources
The resources below address foundational principles related to worship ministry in the church. In addition, we have linked to resources that we have found helpful for addressing both the practical and spiritual issues related to music and worship leading ministry in the church.
Disclaimer regarding external resources: We may not necessarily endorse or agree with all content or concepts on the external sites and resources listed below, but have generally found them to reliable and helpful for worship ministry.
- Principles for Worship Ministry and Music Teams – Overview
- Foundational Principles for Worship
- Biblical Principles for Worship Teams
- Christian Copyright Licensing Internal (CCLI) (External Resource)
- Doxology & Theology (External Resource)
- WorshipLife (External Resource)
- Rainer on Leadership (External Resource)
- Corporate Worship – Desiring God (External Resource)
- Getty Music (External Resource)
- Worship Matters (External Resource)
- Training Resources, Inc. (External Resource)
- Write About Jesus (External Resource)
- Worship Corner CCLI – (External Resource)
- Christian Musician Summit (External Resource)
- Worship Matters Video Intensive (External Resource)
- Band on the Run – video version (External Resource)
- Band on the Run – audio version (External Resource)